Today is Are You Ok Day, reach out to one another and ask the question, are you ok?
A CONVERSATION CAN CHANGE A LIFE
R U OK? inspire and empower everyone to meaningfully connect with the people around them and start a conversation with those in their world who may be struggling with life.
You don’t need to be an expert to reach out – just a good friend and a great listener.
Use these four steps and have a conversation that could change a life:
- Ask R U OK?
- Encourage action
- Check in
What Would You Do If:
Your Notebook Was Damaged?
The damage or loss of a notebook or other device is not only expensive but very inconvenient. The far greater risk however is the loss of data on the device if there is no backup. By running Microsoft 365, information can be stored in OneDrive (Microsoft Cloud Server), and all your stored data will be immediately securely available.
While we can’t help you explain to your boss what happened to the notebook, we can ensure that you can keep working immediately on another device (even your mobile phone).
While travelling, it is easy for your Notebook or other device to be lost or stolen. This not only means that important information is no longer available to you, but other unknown operators now have access to your information. Your password will not protect you, as passwords can be cracked, or the hard drive removed and read directly.
IRIS IT can encrypt the hard drive, ensuring it cannot be read separately from the original device. Enabling multifactor authentication will prevent unauthorised agents from accessing your Notebook and, with Microsoft 365 Premium and Intune, the device can be locked and physically tracked.
One of the most efficient, illegal money-making activities in technology is to release a crypto locker. It is almost impossible to unlock files that have been encrypted and paying the ransom does not guarantee that the key will be delivered. The only way to recover systems and data is to have a point in time backup, so you can do a bare metal recovery to a period before the attack happened. IRIS IT can ensure systems and strategies are in place to recover your systems should this happen to you.
Our technical and business experts at IRIS IT are happy to review your current Information and Communication Technologies to ensure that your business systems are best practice providing you with safe, resilient, and reliable IT environment. Proactive safety planning and implementation minimises risk for interruptions to your business allowing you to do what you do best in your business.
Upgrade To Microsoft Business Premium
Most businesses today are dependent on Information Technology to run most, if not all aspects of their organization. This reliance means all, or any IT system failure may cause a significant loss to the business. What needs to be considered here is how long can your business survive without your IT system, and how long will it take you to recover your systems and data.
While there are many aspects of Disaster Recovery and Business continuity that need to be considered based on the individual needs of each business, one way to mitigate your risk and ensure safety and resilience is to upgrade to Microsoft 365 Premium. Here are the reasons why:
- Premium versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote (Publisher and Access on PC’s only/ Mac’s excluded) on up to five computers and five mobile devices per users. Online and downloadable versions of the software
- 1Tb of Personal OneDrive Storage and 1Tb of Company One Drive Storage
- Advanced security with multi-factor authentication, personal vault as well as protection against Scams, Spams, Viruses, Malware with data encryption. Unsafe links will be deactivated.
- Supplied with TEAMS and Sharepoint to allow easy communication and secure, controlled sharing of files.
- Control of access to files on both company and external devices. When an employee separates or changes roles, access to documents is prevented. There is complete separation of company and personal files.
- Continually up to date with the latest office products, including templates, allowing employees to use the latest functionality to improve their work experience
- One Drive creates a mirror of the files, meaning that if a device fails or is lost, and the files are still available. Further they can be accessed across multiple devices (for example, on a desktop PC, an iPad and a mobile phone)
- All documents are fully controlled, providing access only to those who need it. Access can be easily changed, so separating staff cannot take company documentation with them.
- Multi factor authentication prevents unauthorised agents accessing devices or information, even if they obtain passwords. The risk of malicious attacks is significantly reduced preventing expensive downtime while systems are recovered
- Communication and access to applications is accessed from a single location through TEAMS. There is the option to also integrate the internal and external phone systems through TEAMS. This is both intuitive and secure.
- All physical devices and files are tracked, and devices can be deactivated if lost.
- Options for backup and mirroring of data, systems and email.
Terms & Conditions
Reminder: Please take a moment to review and familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions as there have been some amendments – https://www.irisit.com.au/terms-conditions/